The Project Manager oversees all phases of a construction project from identifying opportunities and selling projects, to estimate and submitting quotes, and finally to organizing and managing sub-trades, materials, inspections, and the many administrative aspects associated with the successful completion of a project. Working closely with the Senior Project Manager and Construction Manager, the Project Manager will ensure that work is performed correctly, cost effectively, in proper sequence, expeditiously, and to exacting safety and quality standards. The Project Manager may interface with the construction team on site, clients, architects, city officials, consultants, structural engineers, subcontractors, and material suppliers to assist in the planning and coordination of construction projects. Reports to the Senior Project Manager.
- Identifies new tender or project opportunities; ensures timely preparation and closing of tenders.
- Prepares accurate estimates having gathered all necessary information regarding sub-trades, time and materials etc., and submits complete and accurate quotes on a timely basis. Double checks pricing to confirm accuracy.
- Organizes and schedules all aspects of the project to meet established deadlines.
- Attends site visits to verify scope of work, manpower requirements, subcontractors etc.
- Opens and maintains project binders.
- Meets with Construction Manager to review and answer any questions regarding scope of work.
- Facilitates site-team and client meetings to ensure that expectations, schedule, and all relevant changes are communicated effectively, and issues are resolved or escalated in a timely manner.
- Orders materials, subcontractors, and services necessary to start and complete the project; ensures required materials and equipment are delivered/available on site to eliminate wait times/minimize down time.
- Maintains project oversights, remains up-to-date on progress, monitors and code compliance.
- Maintains all paperwork and project binders in a complete and current manner.
- Oversees and initiates final inspections, deficiencies and warranties as appropriate.
- Administers shop drawings, schedules, change orders and customer billings.
- Advises the Construction Manager of any new developments related to the project.
- Quotes on any extras requested beyond original scope of work.
- Assists as necessary to resolve issues arising from work procedures, complaints etc.
- Ensure the Senior Project Manager is kept current on the status of all projects through regular reporting; copies Construction Manager.
- May assist with other projects and duties as assigned from time to time.
The Project Manager will aggressively promote Abcott Construction to identify new business opportunities; prepare estimates designed to win bids within an acceptable margin of profit; ensure that projects are managed in a timely, cost effective, and efficient manner, making revisions as appropriate to meet changing needs; manage all administrative aspects of a project; ensure deliverables are met to the client's satisfaction and project specifications; and minimize the company's exposure and risk on a project. Initiative and a keen sense of urgency are critical to success in this role.